Lightning strike thought to have caused house blaze

FIREFIGHTERS have been tackling a serious fire at a home in Stafford caused by a possible lightning strike this afternoon (August 1).

 Appliances from Stone, Loggerheads and Hanley have attended the incident on Chatcull Lane, along with a water carrier from Cheadle.
Firefighters were called at around 1.30pm, after reports that the building was set alight by a bolt of lightning.

The fire has burnt through the roof space of the home causing some of the structure to collapse.

The incident was made more difficult to contain as there is a limited water supply in the area and the water carrier had to be refilled to put out the blaze.