Firefighters revive cat caught up in serious house blaze

FIREFIGHTERS saved a family’s pet cat from a serious house blaze in Brown Edge last night.

The cat was plucked to safety after fire broke out at a semi-detached house in Thelma Avenue.

A Staffordshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “Luckily no-one was hurt and crews administered oxygen to the pet cat who survived the ordeal.”

Firefighters from Hanley and Burslem were called to the blaze shortly after 10 o’clock.

The fire started on the first floor of the property and an investigation is on-going.

Above: Firefighters are pictured administering oxygen to the rescued cat.