MOTORISTS are warned Red Road, Alton remains closed to traffic due to the severe fire in Dimmingsdale Wood.
More than 40 firefighters have been tackling the blaze.
Members of the public are being told not to enter the woodland which is popular with walkers.
The County Council have issued fresh safety advice following the spate of outdoor fires across Staffordshire:
- Motorists should avoid the area;
- Anyone travelling near the smoke should keep their windows closed, turn off the air conditioning and close air vents;
- Motorists, cyclists and walkers should respect the diversion route;
- People with existing health problems should carry medication with them;
- Anyone who feels unwell after becoming affected by the smoke should call the 111 NHS helpline.