Leek blaze family urge people to seek fire safety advice after their tragedy

THE Leek family left homeless by serious blaze on Saturday are encouraging people to seek fire safety advice from the town’s firefighters.
Firefighters will be in attendance at Haregate Community Centre from 11 am on Wednesday to speak to people about any fire concerns.
Centre manager Laura Cottingham said: “They will talk to them about what to do in a fire , how they would get out of a property and arrange to instal or check fire alarms and smoke alarms.
“This is something the family from Saturday have been key to promote, they want something positive from their tragedy.”
Melanie Williams and her two daughters escaped unscathed from the blaze which ripped through their home in Abbotts Road .
Fifteen firefighters spent three hours tackling the blaze which destroyed all of the family’s possessions.